Energy Boosting Foods
Tired of the caffine and sugar lows? Then you need Energy Boosting Foods.
Caffine abuse and sugar spiking foods are too often used to get through the day and they usually have the opposing effect to your intention, energy drops that turn you into a zombie and want to start chewing on your friends and colleagues fingers! Ok it may not be that serious but still, it’s pretty annoying when you have things to do.
Here are my top 5 energy boosting foods to save your day:
- Almonds are the king of snacks so they get the first spot! They are high in B vitamins and magnesium which help to convert food into energy. If you lack magnesium then you will get tired quickly when performing physical activity.
- Peanut Butter is calorific, but gives you long lasting energy which keep your blood sugar levels stable. It also contains proteins and fibre, helping to keep the hunger monster away from your front door.
- Bananas are natures pre-packaged snacks. They are full or fibre, B vitamins and potassium, which is ideal for a pre or post workout snack. Simply add some yoghurt or nuts to include protein and you have a balanced snack right there!
- Porridge is a great way to start your day. It is also super high in fibre which means it takes longer to digest, giving you a satisfying and long lasting energy boost to get you through the morning.
- Salmon is the perfect friend to have over for dinner. If you are trying to lose weight, the healthy omega 3 fats and protein will keep you fuller for longer and stop you raiding the fridge later. Omega 3 fats are proven to boost your energy and also your mood! Smile like a fish!
Start implementing these foods in to your life now for instant results.
SIGN UP TO MY MAILING LIST AND BE EMPOWERED 🙂